Raman Singh speaks to freed Sukma collector on phone
Raipur: A relieved Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Thursday said he had spoken on phone to Sukma district collector Alex Paul Menon who was released by Maoists after 12 days in captivity.
Addressing media persons in the state capital Thursday evening, Singh said he had spoken to Menon and advised him not to travel much and take rest.
He enquired about Menon`s health and told him to stay the night at the Chintalnar Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) base camp.
He also added that as per the agreement with the Maoists, he had activated the high-power review committee that will go through all the cases of undertrials lodged in various jails in the state on alleged fake charges.
Menon, who was released in the evening at Tarmetla, is to remain at the Chintalnar base camp, some four km away.
The chief minister specifically recalled the sacrifices of the two body guards of Menon who were killed by the Maoists for resisting.
Earlier, just after Menon`s walked free, the chief minister welcomed the release and expressed his thanks to the media in the "campaign for the safe release of the collector". He described the release as a "first step toward achieving peace with the Maoists in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29