Ramdev`s supporter ends life in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Upset over the police crackdown on
Baba Ramdev in Delhi, a disciple of the yoga guru committed
suicide by consuming poison in Durg district of Chhattisgarh,
police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when during a
`satyagraha`, the deceased identified as Sukhuram consumed
pesticide at the protest site in front of the Collector`s
office and was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he
was pronounced dead, Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar said.
A suicide note, addressed to Ramdev, was also recovered
from him in which he expressed distress over his
"undemocratic" arrest, police said.
The letter highlighted the problems of landless farmers in
Chhattisgarh. Sukhuram also expressed his helplessness after
he lost his land and said he had no other option but to end
his life, they said.
The victim was a resident of Talegaon village had left his
residence to join Ramdev`s movement on Saturday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet