Ramdev`s supporter ends life in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Upset over the police crackdown on
Baba Ramdev in Delhi, a disciple of the yoga guru committed
suicide by consuming poison in Durg district of Chhattisgarh,
police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when during a
`satyagraha`, the deceased identified as Sukhuram consumed
pesticide at the protest site in front of the Collector`s
office and was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he
was pronounced dead, Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar said.
A suicide note, addressed to Ramdev, was also recovered
from him in which he expressed distress over his
"undemocratic" arrest, police said.
The letter highlighted the problems of landless farmers in
Chhattisgarh. Sukhuram also expressed his helplessness after
he lost his land and said he had no other option but to end
his life, they said.
The victim was a resident of Talegaon village had left his
residence to join Ramdev`s movement on Saturday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened