Ramniwas is new Chhattisgarh police chief
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh Government has appointed Ramniwas, a 1982 batch IPS officer, as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of the Naxal-hit state, officials said Monday.
Ramniwas, currently special director general of Chhattisgarh Armed Force and Naxal Operation, will succeed Anil M Navani, who is retiring on November 30, according to a statement issued by the state Home department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened