Retired army jawan arrested for carrying live cartridges
Jamshedpur: An retired army jawan was Monday arrested for carrying 55 live cartridges at Tatanagar Railway station here, police said.
Ramesh Kayam, a resident of Chakradharpur in adjoining West Singhbhum district, was arrested soon after he alighted from a train, DySP (law and order) Kanhaiya Upadhyay said.
Upadhyay said 55 live cartridges have been seized from him.
The cartridges are of 9mm bore, SLR and AK-47 rifle, he said.
The jawan was heading towards the Bagbera locality on the outskirts of the steel city to sell them when he was caught, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know