Retired army jawan arrested for carrying live cartridges
Jamshedpur: An retired army jawan was Monday arrested for carrying 55 live cartridges at Tatanagar Railway station here, police said.
Ramesh Kayam, a resident of Chakradharpur in adjoining West Singhbhum district, was arrested soon after he alighted from a train, DySP (law and order) Kanhaiya Upadhyay said.
Upadhyay said 55 live cartridges have been seized from him.
The cartridges are of 9mm bore, SLR and AK-47 rifle, he said.
The jawan was heading towards the Bagbera locality on the outskirts of the steel city to sell them when he was caught, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP