Rs 29 lakh cash, ammunition seized from Naxal hideouts
Rajnandgaon: In a major haul, a whopping Rs 29 lakh were seized from a Maoist dump in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, police said Tuesday.
Besides, ammunition and electronic gadgets were also recovered from two separate Naxal hideouts in the region.
"A joint squad of security personnel busted two Naxal camps in Sitagaon and Aundhi police station limits in the past two days and seized cash, live cartridges and electronic items," Inspector General of Police (Durg Range) Pradeep Gupta told reporters here.
Cash worth Rs 28.95 lakh was recovered from a Naxal hideout in Nideli village forests under Aundhi police station limits last evening, he said.
The joint contingent of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Border Security Force (BSF) and local police team was on a search operation along the border of Rajnandgaon-Kanker district for past several days.
On Sunday, it unearthed a Naxal dump in Pitemeta-Amakoda forests under Sitagaon police station limits and yesterday in Aundhi.
The other recovered material include 10 live cartridges of 9 MM pistol and 12 bore gun, a magazine of Insas rifle, steel containers used in planting landmines, three cellphones, data cable, radio, batteries, Naxal literature and other related items, Gupta said.
Prima facie it appeared that the recovered money was extorted from locals, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city