Rs 52 lakh looted from SBI van; two arrested in Chattisgarh
Chhattisgarh: Three armed robbers on Friday looted Rs 52 lakh from a State Bank of India (SBI) van and injured a security guard accompanying the vehicle in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police officials said.
In a quick action, police arrested two of the robbers and recovered Rs 47 lakh from them.
The SBI van had stopped near an ATM when the bike-borne criminals set off a blast and shot the security guard in Balconagar area, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said, adding they fled with two bags containing Rs 52 lakh.
Police immediately swung into action and stepped up vigilance at exit and entry points. They managed to nab two of the robbers about 15km from here and seized part of the looted cash, he added.
Those arrested hail from Jharkhand, Dangi added. The injured guard has been admitted to a hosptial, where his condition is stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!