Rs 52 lakh looted from SBI van; two arrested in Chattisgarh
Chhattisgarh: Three armed robbers on Friday looted Rs 52 lakh from a State Bank of India (SBI) van and injured a security guard accompanying the vehicle in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police officials said.
In a quick action, police arrested two of the robbers and recovered Rs 47 lakh from them.
The SBI van had stopped near an ATM when the bike-borne criminals set off a blast and shot the security guard in Balconagar area, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said, adding they fled with two bags containing Rs 52 lakh.
Police immediately swung into action and stepped up vigilance at exit and entry points. They managed to nab two of the robbers about 15km from here and seized part of the looted cash, he added.
Those arrested hail from Jharkhand, Dangi added. The injured guard has been admitted to a hosptial, where his condition is stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics