Rs 52 lakh looted from SBI van; two arrested in Chattisgarh
Chhattisgarh: Three armed robbers on Friday looted Rs 52 lakh from a State Bank of India (SBI) van and injured a security guard accompanying the vehicle in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police officials said.
In a quick action, police arrested two of the robbers and recovered Rs 47 lakh from them.
The SBI van had stopped near an ATM when the bike-borne criminals set off a blast and shot the security guard in Balconagar area, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said, adding they fled with two bags containing Rs 52 lakh.
Police immediately swung into action and stepped up vigilance at exit and entry points. They managed to nab two of the robbers about 15km from here and seized part of the looted cash, he added.
Those arrested hail from Jharkhand, Dangi added. The injured guard has been admitted to a hosptial, where his condition is stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire