Rs 52 lakh looted from SBI van; two arrested in Chattisgarh
Chhattisgarh: Three armed robbers on Friday looted Rs 52 lakh from a State Bank of India (SBI) van and injured a security guard accompanying the vehicle in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police officials said.
In a quick action, police arrested two of the robbers and recovered Rs 47 lakh from them.
The SBI van had stopped near an ATM when the bike-borne criminals set off a blast and shot the security guard in Balconagar area, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said, adding they fled with two bags containing Rs 52 lakh.
Police immediately swung into action and stepped up vigilance at exit and entry points. They managed to nab two of the robbers about 15km from here and seized part of the looted cash, he added.
Those arrested hail from Jharkhand, Dangi added. The injured guard has been admitted to a hosptial, where his condition is stated to be stable.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video