Rs 76 crore fine imposed on 3 Chhattisgarh schools
Raipur: The School Education Department in Chhattisgarh has imposed a fine of Rs 76 crore on three private schools here for taking capitation fee.
Raipur District Collector Siddharth Komal Pardeshi told a news agency that a fine of Rs 25 crore has been imposed on Holy Cross Pensionbada School, while fine of Rs 49.45 crore has been imposed on Krishna Public School for recovering capitation fee and other illegal fees from the students.
Similarly, Jain Public School is facing a fine of Rs 1.77 crore, Pardeshi said, adding that as per the rules fine amount can be as much as 10 times the total illegal fee taken by the school.
He said that authorities had started an inspection drive following complaints from parents.
Authorities from the schools were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog