Rs 76 crore fine imposed on 3 Chhattisgarh schools
Raipur: The School Education Department in Chhattisgarh has imposed a fine of Rs 76 crore on three private schools here for taking capitation fee.
Raipur District Collector Siddharth Komal Pardeshi told a news agency that a fine of Rs 25 crore has been imposed on Holy Cross Pensionbada School, while fine of Rs 49.45 crore has been imposed on Krishna Public School for recovering capitation fee and other illegal fees from the students.
Similarly, Jain Public School is facing a fine of Rs 1.77 crore, Pardeshi said, adding that as per the rules fine amount can be as much as 10 times the total illegal fee taken by the school.
He said that authorities had started an inspection drive following complaints from parents.
Authorities from the schools were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?