Rs 76 crore fine imposed on 3 Chhattisgarh schools
Raipur: The School Education Department in Chhattisgarh has imposed a fine of Rs 76 crore on three private schools here for taking capitation fee.
Raipur District Collector Siddharth Komal Pardeshi told a news agency that a fine of Rs 25 crore has been imposed on Holy Cross Pensionbada School, while fine of Rs 49.45 crore has been imposed on Krishna Public School for recovering capitation fee and other illegal fees from the students.
Similarly, Jain Public School is facing a fine of Rs 1.77 crore, Pardeshi said, adding that as per the rules fine amount can be as much as 10 times the total illegal fee taken by the school.
He said that authorities had started an inspection drive following complaints from parents.
Authorities from the schools were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports