Rs 76 crore fine imposed on 3 Chhattisgarh schools
Raipur: The School Education Department in Chhattisgarh has imposed a fine of Rs 76 crore on three private schools here for taking capitation fee.
Raipur District Collector Siddharth Komal Pardeshi told a news agency that a fine of Rs 25 crore has been imposed on Holy Cross Pensionbada School, while fine of Rs 49.45 crore has been imposed on Krishna Public School for recovering capitation fee and other illegal fees from the students.
Similarly, Jain Public School is facing a fine of Rs 1.77 crore, Pardeshi said, adding that as per the rules fine amount can be as much as 10 times the total illegal fee taken by the school.
He said that authorities had started an inspection drive following complaints from parents.
Authorities from the schools were not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray