Rs.200,000 counterfeit currency found, one held
Jalandhar: In the second such incident here in a fortnight, counterfeit currency worth Rs.200, 000 has been recovered and a man arrested for smuggling fake money, Punjab police said Tuesday.
"We have arrested Pippal Singh, resident of a village in Tarn Taran district. He had been arrested three-four times earlier for smuggling fake currency and was out on bail. He had come here to deliver the currency to another smuggler," said a police official here Tuesday.
"His interrogation is on and we are hopeful of arresting the other man involved in this illegal trade".
Jalandhar police had May 13 arrested two people and recovered fake currency worth Rs.490,000.
Jalandhar city is around 150 km from state capital Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?