School principal arrested for molesting girl students in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The principal of a private school has been arrested for allegedly molesting two girl students in Chhattisgarh`s Durg district, police said on Wendesday.
Father Licho (50), principal of Nirmala Rani Vidyalaya in Khursipar Zone-2 area of Bhilai town, was arrested yesterday on charges of molestation following a complaint filed by the parents of the victims, Durg Additional Superintendent of Police Prashant Thakur told PTI.
The parents of both the girls, one from seventh grade and other from eighth, had complained to police that Father Licho had molested and committed indecent acts with their daughters.
After registering a case in this connection, the accused was apprehended, he said adding further probe is on.
As per parents of the victims, they had lodged a complaint against the principal 15 days before but no action was being taken by the police.
Enraged, a large number of people staged demonstration in front of the school on Tuesday seeking arrest of the accused following which action was taken, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves