School principal arrested for trying to rape minor girls in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The principal of a missionary school was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly trying to rape four minor students in Chhattisgarh`s Sarguja district, police said.
"Wilson Toppo (42), the principal of Ashadeep Missionary school, has been arrested for attempting to rape the students, aged between 5 to 7 years, in Kalyanpur village under Darima police station limits of the district, based on the complaint of their parents," Sarguja Superintendent of Police Sundarraj P told PTI over phone.
"Of the four victims, two were studying in KG1 and two others in class I and II each," he said.
"According to the parents of the victims, the girls earlier informed them that the principal used to ask them to stay at school even after it closed for the day and later tried to sexually exploit them," he said.
State Director General of Police Ramniwas said they will take strict action against the accused.
"As I got information about the incident, I immediately told the SP to take stringent action in the matter. The SPs of the all districts have already been told to take immediate action in cases related to crime against women," the DGP told PTI.
Incidentally, several cases of sexual exploitation of minor girls in schools of the state have come to light after the Kanker-rape case, where 11 minor tribal girls were allegedly raped at a government-run residential school.
Chief Minister Raman Singh had earlier announced to set up fast track courts in the state for speedy trial in cases related to crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks