School principal arrested for trying to rape minor girls in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The principal of a missionary school was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly trying to rape four minor students in Chhattisgarh`s Sarguja district, police said.
"Wilson Toppo (42), the principal of Ashadeep Missionary school, has been arrested for attempting to rape the students, aged between 5 to 7 years, in Kalyanpur village under Darima police station limits of the district, based on the complaint of their parents," Sarguja Superintendent of Police Sundarraj P told PTI over phone.
"Of the four victims, two were studying in KG1 and two others in class I and II each," he said.
"According to the parents of the victims, the girls earlier informed them that the principal used to ask them to stay at school even after it closed for the day and later tried to sexually exploit them," he said.
State Director General of Police Ramniwas said they will take strict action against the accused.
"As I got information about the incident, I immediately told the SP to take stringent action in the matter. The SPs of the all districts have already been told to take immediate action in cases related to crime against women," the DGP told PTI.
Incidentally, several cases of sexual exploitation of minor girls in schools of the state have come to light after the Kanker-rape case, where 11 minor tribal girls were allegedly raped at a government-run residential school.
Chief Minister Raman Singh had earlier announced to set up fast track courts in the state for speedy trial in cases related to crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?