School students fall ill after overdose of iron tablets in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Nearly 15 students fell ill after suffering an overdose of iron tablets in a government school in Balod district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said.
Fifteen students, some of them girls, complained of nausea and stomach ache after consuming iron tablets in the government school in Tarod village, after which they were rushed to Balod district hospital, Collector Amrit Khalko said.
"All students are reported to be normal and have been sent to their native places after treatment," he said.
A preliminary investigation suggested that a health worker who was assigned the responsibility of providing iron tablets to children as a part of a government scheme, had given some extra iron tablets to some middle school students.
"Some children consumed extra pills this afternoon after which they fell ill," he said.
The health worker has been suspended for negligence, he said, adding that a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test