School students fall ill after overdose of iron tablets in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Nearly 15 students fell ill after suffering an overdose of iron tablets in a government school in Balod district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said.
Fifteen students, some of them girls, complained of nausea and stomach ache after consuming iron tablets in the government school in Tarod village, after which they were rushed to Balod district hospital, Collector Amrit Khalko said.
"All students are reported to be normal and have been sent to their native places after treatment," he said.
A preliminary investigation suggested that a health worker who was assigned the responsibility of providing iron tablets to children as a part of a government scheme, had given some extra iron tablets to some middle school students.
"Some children consumed extra pills this afternoon after which they fell ill," he said.
The health worker has been suspended for negligence, he said, adding that a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'