Security forces bust Naxal training camp in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Security forces have busted a Naxal training camp following an encounter with the ultras during a search operation conducted in Jappemarka forests in Bijapur district of Chhattishgarh, a top police official said on Sunday.
A couple of detonators, battery, wire, Maoist literature, ration, medicines in large quantity and other naxal-related materials, besides books, stationary items and stitching machines were recovered from the camping site, Inspector General of Police (Bastar Range) Himanshu Gupta told reporters here.
"Joint forces comprising CRPF, district force and STF were on combing operation in the forest area of Kamkanar, Chokhanpal and Jampemarka of the district since last three days.
"On Friday, the jawnas mobilised on a tip-off about a Naxal training camp in village Jappemarka Posewada and later busted it after a fierce gun-battle with ultras," Gupta said.
On seeing the security forces, the naxals opened indiscriminate firing following which the jawans also launched retaliatory attack, after which the ultras fled, he added.
"Even when the joint team was returning after conducting the search operation, they came across a group of Maoist insurgents who opened firing on them in Marriwada village under Gangalur police station area," Gupta said, adding the Naxals fled after jawans returned the fire.
The IG said that besides Naxal literature and other related materials, the search party also recovered a table, a chair, an alphabetical chart, some question papers and answers sheets from the camping site which indicates that the Naxalites were running a temporary school there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says