Security forces camps: Best bet for development in the state
Kanker: The presence of
CRPF and BSF in Naxal-hit areas of Chhattisgarh has become the
best bet for development for the local administration which
has initiated civic work in vicinity of their fortified camps.
In a state which is severely hit by violence unleashed
by Naxals who have blown many school buildings and culverts,
the district administration has found a novel way of
organising medical camps and creating civic infrastructure in
the vicinity of these camps which have a huge presence of
policemen and security personnel.
"More than 70 percent of development work including
laying of pucca roads in this district has been possible
because of the presence of Central security forces like CRPF
and BSF," Kanker Collector Nirmal Xaxa said.
Almost 400-500 kms of road have been laid in the
district because of the presence of the security forces. Civic
action works like medical camps and panchayat buildings can be
brought up close to these camps, Xaxa said.
Kanker has nearly 5000 BSF personnel in the Naxal
security grid at various locations.
A number of police stations of Chhattisgarh Police are
now functioning as Central forces have made these places as
their `company locations` and have fortified the campus.The
fact is also appreciated by state Director General of Police
(DGP) Vishwa Ranjan.
"The amount of pressure that we are putting on
Naxalites was not possible without the help of these central
forces. They have been assisting us in carrying out civic
activities also," Ranjan said.
In the Keshkal region of the district, notorious for
Naxalite movement, a free computer training centre is being
run by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the premises
of the local police station.
"The children from nearby villages did not had a place
to learn computers. We brought some of our men who were expert
in the subject to teach about 100 such children free of cost.
Our company location inside the police station is now a
favourite haunt of children from nearby places," CRPF
Commanding Officer A K Dhyani said.
The district administration in the state is planning
to erect cellular phone towers inside the premises of security
forces` camps and even build school buildings and civic
centres close to these camps, a senior official of the state
government told a visiting group of journalists here.
"In Kanker alone, the Naxals have destroyed 49 school
buildings in the last four years but we are determined to
build them again at secure locations like close to the camps
of security forces," CEO of Kanker district Panchayat Bharati
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark