Security forces camps: Best bet for development in the state
Kanker: The presence of
CRPF and BSF in Naxal-hit areas of Chhattisgarh has become the
best bet for development for the local administration which
has initiated civic work in vicinity of their fortified camps.
In a state which is severely hit by violence unleashed
by Naxals who have blown many school buildings and culverts,
the district administration has found a novel way of
organising medical camps and creating civic infrastructure in
the vicinity of these camps which have a huge presence of
policemen and security personnel.
"More than 70 percent of development work including
laying of pucca roads in this district has been possible
because of the presence of Central security forces like CRPF
and BSF," Kanker Collector Nirmal Xaxa said.
Almost 400-500 kms of road have been laid in the
district because of the presence of the security forces. Civic
action works like medical camps and panchayat buildings can be
brought up close to these camps, Xaxa said.
Kanker has nearly 5000 BSF personnel in the Naxal
security grid at various locations.
A number of police stations of Chhattisgarh Police are
now functioning as Central forces have made these places as
their `company locations` and have fortified the campus.The
fact is also appreciated by state Director General of Police
(DGP) Vishwa Ranjan.
"The amount of pressure that we are putting on
Naxalites was not possible without the help of these central
forces. They have been assisting us in carrying out civic
activities also," Ranjan said.
In the Keshkal region of the district, notorious for
Naxalite movement, a free computer training centre is being
run by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the premises
of the local police station.
"The children from nearby villages did not had a place
to learn computers. We brought some of our men who were expert
in the subject to teach about 100 such children free of cost.
Our company location inside the police station is now a
favourite haunt of children from nearby places," CRPF
Commanding Officer A K Dhyani said.
The district administration in the state is planning
to erect cellular phone towers inside the premises of security
forces` camps and even build school buildings and civic
centres close to these camps, a senior official of the state
government told a visiting group of journalists here.
"In Kanker alone, the Naxals have destroyed 49 school
buildings in the last four years but we are determined to
build them again at secure locations like close to the camps
of security forces," CEO of Kanker district Panchayat Bharati
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic