Security forces clash with Naxals; 1 killed, three injured
Chattisgarh: A security personnel was killed and three were injured in a gun battle between the police and the Maoists.
The incident occurred in Sukhma district of central Chhattisgarh when officials of the Chhattisgarh Armed Forces (CAF) were attacked by the Maoists while they were patrolling the area.
As the patrolling party reached near the forest of Kistaram village, the rebels opened fire on them, killing one soldier and injuring three others.
Two of the three injured soldiers were brought to Raipur for medical treatment.
"The soldiers were out patrolling the region for area domination when in an ambush the Maoists fired at them. One of the injured was shot near the ear in the neck and another was shot near the shoulder with the bullet passing through the body. The injured soldiers are under observation and their condition is said to be stable," said Superintendent of police, Mukesh Khare.
The deceased policeman was identified as constable Parshu Markam.
The three injured soldiers were platoon commander Bhagwat Baghel, head constables Ramnarayan Singh and Rajbahor Patel. Meanwhile, in Jharkhand, police officials arrested two notorious Maoists after setting up a trap in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre