Security forces clash with Naxals; 1 killed, three injured
Chattisgarh: A security personnel was killed and three were injured in a gun battle between the police and the Maoists.
The incident occurred in Sukhma district of central Chhattisgarh when officials of the Chhattisgarh Armed Forces (CAF) were attacked by the Maoists while they were patrolling the area.
As the patrolling party reached near the forest of Kistaram village, the rebels opened fire on them, killing one soldier and injuring three others.
Two of the three injured soldiers were brought to Raipur for medical treatment.
"The soldiers were out patrolling the region for area domination when in an ambush the Maoists fired at them. One of the injured was shot near the ear in the neck and another was shot near the shoulder with the bullet passing through the body. The injured soldiers are under observation and their condition is said to be stable," said Superintendent of police, Mukesh Khare.
The deceased policeman was identified as constable Parshu Markam.
The three injured soldiers were platoon commander Bhagwat Baghel, head constables Ramnarayan Singh and Rajbahor Patel. Meanwhile, in Jharkhand, police officials arrested two notorious Maoists after setting up a trap in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you