Security forces recover IED in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: An encounter on Tuesday broke out between security forces and Naxalites in Chhattisgarh`s Sukma district following which an IED and multiple rounds of ammunition were recovered.
The operation, conducted by paramilitary CRPF along with state police in the Chintagufa-Bheji area of the district, saw an exchange of fire between the two sides when the forces were out for an anti-Naxal operation.
The forces recovered two local guns called `bharmar`, 53 rounds of different ammunition, Improvised Explosive Device (IED) weighing 5kg and some other material from the spot, a security official here said.
The IEDs were later crippled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends