Security forces recover IED in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: An encounter on Tuesday broke out between security forces and Naxalites in Chhattisgarh`s Sukma district following which an IED and multiple rounds of ammunition were recovered.
The operation, conducted by paramilitary CRPF along with state police in the Chintagufa-Bheji area of the district, saw an exchange of fire between the two sides when the forces were out for an anti-Naxal operation.
The forces recovered two local guns called `bharmar`, 53 rounds of different ammunition, Improvised Explosive Device (IED) weighing 5kg and some other material from the spot, a security official here said.
The IEDs were later crippled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok