Security forces recover IED in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: An encounter on Tuesday broke out between security forces and Naxalites in Chhattisgarh`s Sukma district following which an IED and multiple rounds of ammunition were recovered.
The operation, conducted by paramilitary CRPF along with state police in the Chintagufa-Bheji area of the district, saw an exchange of fire between the two sides when the forces were out for an anti-Naxal operation.
The forces recovered two local guns called `bharmar`, 53 rounds of different ammunition, Improvised Explosive Device (IED) weighing 5kg and some other material from the spot, a security official here said.
The IEDs were later crippled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more