Security increased in Chhattisgarh as Naxals commemorate slain leaders
Raipur: Security has been increased across Chhattisgarh as the Maoists are observing `Peoples` Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) Week` to honour their leaders who have been killed by security forces, from Monday.
No violence has been reported so far, but Naxal pamphlets?and posters were seen at some places in Narayanpur and Bijapur districts of Bastar region, appealing the cadres to observe the week.
Security has been especially beefed up in the forest interiors of seven districts of Bastar division (Dantewada, Bijapur, Bastar, Narayanpur, Kondagaon, Sukma and Kanker), senior police officials said.
According to police, Naxals may hold meetings and gatherings during the week to spread their propaganda, besides recruiting youths.
Bus operators refrained from plying in the interior parts today. Railways too have decided not to run the passenger train between Vishakhapatnam and Kirandul beyond Jagdalpur due to fear of Maoist attack. The freight train will run up to Kirandul, but only in daytime.
The outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist) is observing the week in honour of its leaders who got killed at the hands of security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?