Security personnel, Naxals exchange fire in Rajnandgaon
Rajnandgaon: Security forces and Naxals exchanged fire near here on Wednesday but no casualties were reported from either side, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of district police and ITBP launched a search operation in the forests between Murargota and Gubiagarh areas when they were fired on by a group of Maoists hiding there, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
The security personnel returned the fire, following which the extremists fled from the spot, he said, adding there were no reports of casualties from either side.
The police later recovered live and empty cartridges of SLR rifles, a plastic tent, Naxal-related material and items of daily use from the encounter scene, Shukla added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh