Security personnel, Naxals exchange fire in Rajnandgaon
Rajnandgaon: Security forces and Naxals exchanged fire near here on Wednesday but no casualties were reported from either side, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of district police and ITBP launched a search operation in the forests between Murargota and Gubiagarh areas when they were fired on by a group of Maoists hiding there, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
The security personnel returned the fire, following which the extremists fled from the spot, he said, adding there were no reports of casualties from either side.
The police later recovered live and empty cartridges of SLR rifles, a plastic tent, Naxal-related material and items of daily use from the encounter scene, Shukla added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India