Senior cop held for bid to marry minor girl
Chandauli: A senior police official was on Monday arrested for allegedly trying to marry a minor girl in Balua area here, police said.
Pradyumn Kumar Yadav (45), posted as DSP in Raipur (Chhatisgarh), was arrested during his bid to tie the knot with a 13-year-old girl at a temple in Uttarigaon village in the district, Superintendent of Police Sharad Sachan said.
The arrest was made after villagers informed the police about the act of Yadav.
Further investigations into the matter are underway, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana