Seven killed, 21 injured in accident
Raipur: Seven persons, including two
children, were killed and 21 others injured when a vehicle carrying them overturned at Rakhi village here, police said Monday.
The incident occurred last night when the driver of
the van, carrying 30 passengers, lost control and overturned,
district police officials said.
The victims were returning after attending a function
at Abhanpur near here, they said.
The injured driver was in an inebriated state and a
case has been registered against him, police said.
The state government has announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them