Seven killed, 21 injured in accident
Raipur: Seven persons, including two
children, were killed and 21 others injured when a vehicle carrying them overturned at Rakhi village here, police said Monday.
The incident occurred last night when the driver of
the van, carrying 30 passengers, lost control and overturned,
district police officials said.
The victims were returning after attending a function
at Abhanpur near here, they said.
The injured driver was in an inebriated state and a
case has been registered against him, police said.
The state government has announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth