Seven killed, 21 injured in accident
Raipur: Seven persons, including two
children, were killed and 21 others injured when a vehicle carrying them overturned at Rakhi village here, police said Monday.
The incident occurred last night when the driver of
the van, carrying 30 passengers, lost control and overturned,
district police officials said.
The victims were returning after attending a function
at Abhanpur near here, they said.
The injured driver was in an inebriated state and a
case has been registered against him, police said.
The state government has announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali