Seven killed, 21 injured in accident
Raipur: Seven persons, including two
children, were killed and 21 others injured when a vehicle carrying them overturned at Rakhi village here, police said Monday.
The incident occurred last night when the driver of
the van, carrying 30 passengers, lost control and overturned,
district police officials said.
The victims were returning after attending a function
at Abhanpur near here, they said.
The injured driver was in an inebriated state and a
case has been registered against him, police said.
The state government has announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw