Seven killed, 21 injured in accident
Raipur: Seven persons, including two
children, were killed and 21 others injured when a vehicle carrying them overturned at Rakhi village here, police said Monday.
The incident occurred last night when the driver of
the van, carrying 30 passengers, lost control and overturned,
district police officials said.
The victims were returning after attending a function
at Abhanpur near here, they said.
The injured driver was in an inebriated state and a
case has been registered against him, police said.
The state government has announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to the kin of those killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!