Single nomination filed for Bhamragad zilla parishad by-poll
Gadchiroli: Just a single nomination was filed for the by-election of Arewada Nelgunda Zilla Parishad constituency in Bhamragad taluka of the district till the last date of the nomination on Friday.
Kavita Narayan Shidam, a resident of Allapalli town is the name of the candidate who dared to file the nomination. As there is only one nomination, the lady will be declared elcted unopposed, said sources in the district election office here.
The result will however be declared only after the permission of the Election Commission, sources said. Voting for the by-poll is scheduled to be held on August 12 while counting is scheduled for August 14.
The seat fell vaccant due to resignation of the Congress candidate Madni Bogami due to a Naxalite threat in April.
Interestingly, Shidam does not hail either from the constituency nor the taluka where the election is bing held. She belongs to Allapalli town in Aheri taluka which is about 40 km away from Bhamragad, which shows there is still a reign of terror among local people who did not come forward to file their nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars