Single nomination filed for Bhamragad zilla parishad by-poll
Gadchiroli: Just a single nomination was filed for the by-election of Arewada Nelgunda Zilla Parishad constituency in Bhamragad taluka of the district till the last date of the nomination on Friday.
Kavita Narayan Shidam, a resident of Allapalli town is the name of the candidate who dared to file the nomination. As there is only one nomination, the lady will be declared elcted unopposed, said sources in the district election office here.
The result will however be declared only after the permission of the Election Commission, sources said. Voting for the by-poll is scheduled to be held on August 12 while counting is scheduled for August 14.
The seat fell vaccant due to resignation of the Congress candidate Madni Bogami due to a Naxalite threat in April.
Interestingly, Shidam does not hail either from the constituency nor the taluka where the election is bing held. She belongs to Allapalli town in Aheri taluka which is about 40 km away from Bhamragad, which shows there is still a reign of terror among local people who did not come forward to file their nominations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler