Single nomination filed for Bhamragad zilla parishad by-poll
Gadchiroli: Just a single nomination was filed for the by-election of Arewada Nelgunda Zilla Parishad constituency in Bhamragad taluka of the district till the last date of the nomination on Friday.
Kavita Narayan Shidam, a resident of Allapalli town is the name of the candidate who dared to file the nomination. As there is only one nomination, the lady will be declared elcted unopposed, said sources in the district election office here.
The result will however be declared only after the permission of the Election Commission, sources said. Voting for the by-poll is scheduled to be held on August 12 while counting is scheduled for August 14.
The seat fell vaccant due to resignation of the Congress candidate Madni Bogami due to a Naxalite threat in April.
Interestingly, Shidam does not hail either from the constituency nor the taluka where the election is bing held. She belongs to Allapalli town in Aheri taluka which is about 40 km away from Bhamragad, which shows there is still a reign of terror among local people who did not come forward to file their nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown