Six employees of SECL coal mines still missing
Korba: Two days after a blast at coal
mine of South Eastern Coalfield at Chiimiri, six employees
were still missing, officials said Saturday.
SECL president M P Dixit said the explosion at the coal
mine at Anjani Hills in Korea district of Chhattisgarh on
Thursday had killed six people including a deputy general
manager while six persons had gone missing.
The rescue team tried to enter the mine yesterday as well
as today but could not go far due to fire.
Dixit said two experts from Central Mining Research
Institute, New Delhi have been called while two officials from
Coal India, Nagpur have already arrived to offer expertise in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors