Six naxalites arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six suspected naxalites, including a woman, were on Tuesday arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, police said.
The accused were arrested during a search in the forest area near Nivra and Gotia villages by a joint team of the Border Security Force and state police, Kanker SP Ajay Yadav said.
The arrested persons were identified as Shaniram, Nohru, Tunsingh, Maniram, Ramlal and Sitaibai, he said.
Many cases, including those of firing at police personnel and attempts to murder, have earlier been registered against the accused, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional