Six naxalites arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six suspected naxalites, including a woman, were on Tuesday arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, police said.
The accused were arrested during a search in the forest area near Nivra and Gotia villages by a joint team of the Border Security Force and state police, Kanker SP Ajay Yadav said.
The arrested persons were identified as Shaniram, Nohru, Tunsingh, Maniram, Ramlal and Sitaibai, he said.
Many cases, including those of firing at police personnel and attempts to murder, have earlier been registered against the accused, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state