Six Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six suspected Naxals were on Thursday arrested in two separate incidents in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested four Naxals – Ram Singh, Amuram, Rajauram, and Manesingh from Pakhanjur bazaar under Pakhanjur station area, District Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav said, adding hand grenades were recovered from their possession.
The four Naxals are required in many cases of murders and attempt to murders, Singh said, adding they were being interrogated.
Two other Naxals were arrested from Koylibedi area of the district, Yadav said.
Chain Singh and Sonuram were arrested during patrolling by security personnel near Bandepara forests, he said.
A country-made rifle, one pipe-bomb, and a detonator were recovered from their possession, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account