Six Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six Naxals have been arrested during separate search operations in the insurgency-hit areas of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
Five rebels were apprehended from restive Nibra forests under Rowghat police station limits of Kanker district last evening, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
A joint squad of Border Security Force (BSF) and District Force was on a combing operation in the region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital, when they rounded up the rebels, he said.
Those held have been identified as Baijnath Salaam (55), Ghasiya Rama Kumeti (58), Satau Ram Nuruti (33), Somaru Ram (52) and Lallu Ram (24), the SP said, adding that they are wanted in sevral incidents of crime in the region.
In another incident, a Naxal- Dinesh Kunjam (27) was nabbed from Rajnandgaon district.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of local police was mobilised on a search in the interiors of Chhuriya police station limits late last night.
On reaching Khedepar village they arrested Kunjam, a senior police official said.
The arrested ultras are being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason