Six Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six Naxals have been arrested during separate search operations in the insurgency-hit areas of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
Five rebels were apprehended from restive Nibra forests under Rowghat police station limits of Kanker district last evening, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
A joint squad of Border Security Force (BSF) and District Force was on a combing operation in the region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital, when they rounded up the rebels, he said.
Those held have been identified as Baijnath Salaam (55), Ghasiya Rama Kumeti (58), Satau Ram Nuruti (33), Somaru Ram (52) and Lallu Ram (24), the SP said, adding that they are wanted in sevral incidents of crime in the region.
In another incident, a Naxal- Dinesh Kunjam (27) was nabbed from Rajnandgaon district.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of local police was mobilised on a search in the interiors of Chhuriya police station limits late last night.
On reaching Khedepar village they arrested Kunjam, a senior police official said.
The arrested ultras are being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday