Six Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six Naxals have been arrested during separate search operations in the insurgency-hit areas of Chhattisgarh, police said Wednesday.
Five rebels were apprehended from restive Nibra forests under Rowghat police station limits of Kanker district last evening, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
A joint squad of Border Security Force (BSF) and District Force was on a combing operation in the region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital, when they rounded up the rebels, he said.
Those held have been identified as Baijnath Salaam (55), Ghasiya Rama Kumeti (58), Satau Ram Nuruti (33), Somaru Ram (52) and Lallu Ram (24), the SP said, adding that they are wanted in sevral incidents of crime in the region.
In another incident, a Naxal- Dinesh Kunjam (27) was nabbed from Rajnandgaon district.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of local police was mobilised on a search in the interiors of Chhuriya police station limits late last night.
On reaching Khedepar village they arrested Kunjam, a senior police official said.
The arrested ultras are being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble