Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: In a tragic incident, six policemen were killed in Naxal ambush in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district on Friday.
Five police jawans, including a SHO were killed in the ambush. Earlier this month four Maoists were arrested in Dantewada district.
The incident took place when a police patrol party headed by SHO, Kuwakonda, Vivek Shukla was on way to Shyamgiri Hills for security of an under-construction road near Kuwakonda-Bacheli, a senior police official told PTI.
The patrol team comprising around 10 police jawans was moving on motorcycles when armed rebels opened indiscriminate firing on them, resulting in the death of SHO Shukla and five other policemen on the spot, he said.
In 2010, the Leftwing guerrillas ambushed and massacred 76 security personnel in the dense forests of Chhattisgarh in the worst such attack since the Maoist rebellion erupted 43 years ago.
Fearing leakage of their strategies ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Naxals are keeping a close watch on people who could act as informers and pass on information using mobile phones in villages of their hot-bed Bastar.
In some pockets of restive Narayanpur district comprising a major part of the Abhujmad region, local cadres are visiting villages and collecting information about mobile users and even asking them to deposit the gadgets with rebels assuring to return them after the Lok Sabha elections.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America