Sketches of top Naxals to help security forces
Raipur: Unable to get photographs of top
naxal leaders, security forces in the country`s Maoist hotbeds
are being provided with sketches of these ultras.
The naxal leadership of the country has largely remained
faceless. In few cases, the photographs of naxal ring leaders
have been sourced from old police records of state
But since the pictures of numerous top naxal
leaders are not available, artists have been asked to draw
sketches based on details provided by arrested Maoists.
"The security forces, both state and central, are
being provided with the sketches in order to get the top
leadership of the naxals and also to sharpen intelligence
based operations," a senior security officer said.
The directives to take up intelligence-based operations
have been issued from Home ministry and the headquarters
of para-military forces. Once the security teams have the
photographs they can also take the help of locals to track the
movements of naxal leaders, the officer said.
The photographs are being provided to all officers in
the rank of company commanders and commanding officers of
battalions deployed in naxal areas.
According to sources, the security forces are also
taking the help of locals favourable to the administration to
prepare the sketches of the naxal leaders.
Almost 60,000 personnel of central security forces apart
from state police teams are undertaking operations in the
Left Wing Extremism hit areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse