Skill-based programme for Naxal-hit districts in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A skill-based training programme will be launched in 10 worst-affected Naxal districts in Chhattisgarh to help the youth sharpen their skills in different professions, officials said.
The government would launch `Skill Gurukul` scheme in Rajnandgaon on December 25 which will be later extended to other districts.
Chief Minster Dr Raman Singh had recently announced the scheme at a Conference in Kolkata and invited suggestions from information technology experts and IITians for its effective execution, an official said.
The state government is already running centres in Naxal-hit districts to provide training to tribal youth in sewing machine, electrical work and data entry operations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love