Soni Sori demands high-level probe
Raipur: Soni Sori, the primary school
teacher arrested for alleged Maoist links, today claimed that
she is innocent and sought a high-level probe into the police
action and charges against her.
Sori(35), who was shifted from a Jagdalpur hospital to
Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital in Raipur after doctors reported
that her condition has worsened, said she would not break her
hunger strike until and unless all her demands are met.
Talking to PTI, she said one constable "Mankar", posted
at Kirandul police station in Dantewada, implicated her in a
Soni Sori, an aunt of Lingaram Kodopi who was recently
arrested for allegedly acting as a conduit between Maoists and
Essar, was apprehended from Katwaria Sarai in New Delhi by a
Delhi Police team on October four.
She could not be produced before a court in Chhattisgarh
as police claimed that she fell in a bathroom.
"I will reveal very soon the cause behind my injuries,"
Sori said she teaches in an Advasi school in Jabeli
village of Dantewara district and that she believes that
education can help curb the menace of Naxalism.
She alleged that she was being treated like a thief and a
dacoit by the police.
She also alleged that constable Mankar had asked her to
demand Rs 15 lakh, on behalf of one "Vinod", from B K Lala,
who worked for Essar Group but she refused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’