Sonia`s birthday celebration in C`garh runs into controversy
Raipur: The celebration of Sonia Gandhi`s
birthday by Congress party here has run into controversy with
the BJP strongly protesting cutting of a tricolour-shaped cake
on the occasion, alleging it was an insult to the national
Local newspapers carried photographs of Chhattisgarh
Congress party leader Subhash Sharma celebrating Sonia`s
birthday by cutting tricolour-shaped cake.
Taking objection to it, the state BJP unit today staged a
protest rally and demanded the Congress leaders apologise for
BJP`s state unit Vice President Sachhidanand Upasane
alleged it was "an insult" to the national flag. The state
Congress leaders were so much engrossed in praising Sonia that
they forgot to show respect to the national flag, he charged.
Demanding action, the BJP leaders said that they would
lodge a police complaint in this connection.
City chief of Congress Indarchand Dhadiwal, however, has
rejected the allegation that it was a tricolour-shaped cake.
There were many colours given to the cake and there was
no Ashoka pillar on it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy