Sonia`s birthday celebration in C`garh runs into controversy
Raipur: The celebration of Sonia Gandhi`s
birthday by Congress party here has run into controversy with
the BJP strongly protesting cutting of a tricolour-shaped cake
on the occasion, alleging it was an insult to the national
Local newspapers carried photographs of Chhattisgarh
Congress party leader Subhash Sharma celebrating Sonia`s
birthday by cutting tricolour-shaped cake.
Taking objection to it, the state BJP unit today staged a
protest rally and demanded the Congress leaders apologise for
BJP`s state unit Vice President Sachhidanand Upasane
alleged it was "an insult" to the national flag. The state
Congress leaders were so much engrossed in praising Sonia that
they forgot to show respect to the national flag, he charged.
Demanding action, the BJP leaders said that they would
lodge a police complaint in this connection.
City chief of Congress Indarchand Dhadiwal, however, has
rejected the allegation that it was a tricolour-shaped cake.
There were many colours given to the cake and there was
no Ashoka pillar on it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!