SPO shot dead by Naxals in Dantewada
Raipur: A Special Police Officer (SPO) was on Wednesday shot dead allegedly by a group of Naxalites in
Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada, a day after seven CRPF jawans were
killed in a landmine blast triggered by the outlaws in the
About a dozen Naxals cornered SPO Koasalal Markam at a
weekly market at Chhindgarh village and shot him dead,
Dantewada SP Ankit Garg said.
"Kosalal had gone to the market to buy the necessities
when about 12 Naxals also reached there and fired three round
killing him on the spot," he said adding that assailants fled
from the scene.
Naxals had triggered a landmine blast on a patch
connecting Sukma and Keralapal areas of the district last
evening when the CRPF team was returning from Keralapal
resulting in the death of seven jawans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Fish oil during pregnancy may not shield kids from obesity
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time