SPO shot dead by Naxals in Dantewada
Raipur: A Special Police Officer (SPO) was on Wednesday shot dead allegedly by a group of Naxalites in
Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada, a day after seven CRPF jawans were
killed in a landmine blast triggered by the outlaws in the
About a dozen Naxals cornered SPO Koasalal Markam at a
weekly market at Chhindgarh village and shot him dead,
Dantewada SP Ankit Garg said.
"Kosalal had gone to the market to buy the necessities
when about 12 Naxals also reached there and fired three round
killing him on the spot," he said adding that assailants fled
from the scene.
Naxals had triggered a landmine blast on a patch
connecting Sukma and Keralapal areas of the district last
evening when the CRPF team was returning from Keralapal
resulting in the death of seven jawans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh
- Volkswagen kicks off deliveries of its first Made in India car Ameo
- Kalam's death has left irreplaceable void: PM Narendra Modi
- Flood alert sounded in UP districts after rains in Nepal
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma