SPO shot dead by Naxals in Dantewada
Raipur: A Special Police Officer (SPO) was on Wednesday shot dead allegedly by a group of Naxalites in
Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada, a day after seven CRPF jawans were
killed in a landmine blast triggered by the outlaws in the
About a dozen Naxals cornered SPO Koasalal Markam at a
weekly market at Chhindgarh village and shot him dead,
Dantewada SP Ankit Garg said.
"Kosalal had gone to the market to buy the necessities
when about 12 Naxals also reached there and fired three round
killing him on the spot," he said adding that assailants fled
from the scene.
Naxals had triggered a landmine blast on a patch
connecting Sukma and Keralapal areas of the district last
evening when the CRPF team was returning from Keralapal
resulting in the death of seven jawans.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail