SPO shot dead by Naxals in Dantewada
Raipur: A Special Police Officer (SPO) was on Wednesday shot dead allegedly by a group of Naxalites in
Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada, a day after seven CRPF jawans were
killed in a landmine blast triggered by the outlaws in the
About a dozen Naxals cornered SPO Koasalal Markam at a
weekly market at Chhindgarh village and shot him dead,
Dantewada SP Ankit Garg said.
"Kosalal had gone to the market to buy the necessities
when about 12 Naxals also reached there and fired three round
killing him on the spot," he said adding that assailants fled
from the scene.
Naxals had triggered a landmine blast on a patch
connecting Sukma and Keralapal areas of the district last
evening when the CRPF team was returning from Keralapal
resulting in the death of seven jawans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown