`Stains of Godhra incident cannot be wiped off from Narendra Modi`s clothes`
Zee News Bureau
Raipur: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s niece Karuna Shukla said that Godhra was a stain on Narendra Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections.
Also hitting out at BJP president, Karuna said that the party had degenerated like a transport company owned by Rajnath Singh. She lashed out at Modi and said that he would never be able to wipe out the stain of Godhra.
"Modi has done good work in Gujarat, but the stains of Godhra incident cannot be wiped off from Narendra Modi`s clothes," Shukla told reporters here on Wednesday.
Targetting Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh over the Darbha naxal attack on Congress leaders in May in which 29 persons were killed, she said, "The stains of Jiram valley naxal attack in which Congress leaders were martyred, can`t be wiped off from Raman Singh`s name."
After quitting the party ahead of the state polls scheduled this month, Shukla is now campaigning for the BJP rebels and the Opposition party candidates.
Karuna Shukla, 63, resigned from the BJP on October 27 after 30 years, alleging that she was being "continuously neglected" by senior leaders.
"I feel that the BJP in Chhattisgarh was mentally torturing me because of which I felt that my usefulness to the party had come to an end," Shukla, an ex-MP from Janjgir and former member of the undivided Madhya Pradesh Assembly, had said.
She had said that her resignation from the party had nothing to do with seeking a ticket from Beltara (in Chhattisgarh) seat for Assembly elections in the state. Shukla was not given a ticket for the polls.
She alleged that she was removed from all posts that she had in the party and was not consulted for anything.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living