STF jawan killed, 23 personnel injured in mishap
Raipur: An STF jawan was killed and 23 other personnel were injured when their bus rammed into a stationary van in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The accident took place near Raiput village on NH-63 when the Special Task Force (STF) personnel were heading towards south Bastar for an anti-Naxal operation late last night, Bastar Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav said today.
Head constable Premshankar Chaturvedi, a native of Dharsinwa in Raipur, succumbed to injuries during treatment at Jagdalpur while 23 others were injured, he said.
Nearly 150 STF personnel were heading towards interior of Bastar in three buses from Jagdalpur for anti-Naxal operation in?separate?places.
When their convoy reached near?Raiput village, the driver of the bus, moving in front, failed to notice the van parked on the roadside and rammed the vehicle into it, he said.
Soon after being informed about the incident, police personnel reached the spot and the injured jawans, including five hurt seriously, were admitted to Jagdalpur hospital, the SP said, adding that later four of them were airlifted to Raipur for further treatment.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly