STF jawan killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Special Task Force jawan was killed and another injured in an gun fight with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Sukma district on Tuesday, police said.
"Special Task Force jawan Angad Kumar was killed and another jawan Yashwant injured in an exchange of fire between a joint party of security forces and ultras in the forests of Chintagufa and Dornapal police station area," a police official told PTI over phone.
"The joint contingent of district force, STF and CRPF was on a combing operation in the area, when Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them. When security forces opened retaliatory fire, Naxals fled into deep jungle."
Additional security forces have been sent to the spot, the official said, adding an operation was on to bring the injured jawan from jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users