STF jawan killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Special Task Force jawan was killed and another injured in an gun fight with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Sukma district on Tuesday, police said.
"Special Task Force jawan Angad Kumar was killed and another jawan Yashwant injured in an exchange of fire between a joint party of security forces and ultras in the forests of Chintagufa and Dornapal police station area," a police official told PTI over phone.
"The joint contingent of district force, STF and CRPF was on a combing operation in the area, when Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them. When security forces opened retaliatory fire, Naxals fled into deep jungle."
Additional security forces have been sent to the spot, the official said, adding an operation was on to bring the injured jawan from jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed