Stone crusher plant of Congress MLA`s son sealed i
Raigarh: A stone crusher unit of a Congress MLA`s son was sealed off during a raid, for illegally operating after the expiry of its lease in the Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said on Sunday.
"The joint team of mining, revenue and electricity department officials recently raided `Janaki Gramodyog`, the stone crusher unit being run by Kailash Nayak, son of MLA Shakrajeet Nayak, in Jhanakpur village of Baramkela region in the district, after receiving complains of illegal mining there," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Sarangarh Ranu Sahu tol.
Shakrajeet Nayak, the Congress MLA from Raigarh constituency, was the irrigation minister during former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi`s tenure.
"The unit was functioning even after the expiry of its mining lease. Besides illegal mining, use of domestic LPG cylinders and other irregularities were also found at the plant, following which it was sealed," Sahu said in a release.
Shakrajeet Nayak was unavailable for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August