Stone crusher plant of Congress MLA`s son sealed i
Raigarh: A stone crusher unit of a Congress MLA`s son was sealed off during a raid, for illegally operating after the expiry of its lease in the Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said on Sunday.
"The joint team of mining, revenue and electricity department officials recently raided `Janaki Gramodyog`, the stone crusher unit being run by Kailash Nayak, son of MLA Shakrajeet Nayak, in Jhanakpur village of Baramkela region in the district, after receiving complains of illegal mining there," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Sarangarh Ranu Sahu tol.
Shakrajeet Nayak, the Congress MLA from Raigarh constituency, was the irrigation minister during former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi`s tenure.
"The unit was functioning even after the expiry of its mining lease. Besides illegal mining, use of domestic LPG cylinders and other irregularities were also found at the plant, following which it was sealed," Sahu said in a release.
Shakrajeet Nayak was unavailable for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital