Stone crusher plant of Congress MLA`s son sealed i
Raigarh: A stone crusher unit of a Congress MLA`s son was sealed off during a raid, for illegally operating after the expiry of its lease in the Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said on Sunday.
"The joint team of mining, revenue and electricity department officials recently raided `Janaki Gramodyog`, the stone crusher unit being run by Kailash Nayak, son of MLA Shakrajeet Nayak, in Jhanakpur village of Baramkela region in the district, after receiving complains of illegal mining there," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Sarangarh Ranu Sahu tol.
Shakrajeet Nayak, the Congress MLA from Raigarh constituency, was the irrigation minister during former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi`s tenure.
"The unit was functioning even after the expiry of its mining lease. Besides illegal mining, use of domestic LPG cylinders and other irregularities were also found at the plant, following which it was sealed," Sahu said in a release.
Shakrajeet Nayak was unavailable for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack