Stone crusher plant of Congress MLA`s son sealed i
Raigarh: A stone crusher unit of a Congress MLA`s son was sealed off during a raid, for illegally operating after the expiry of its lease in the Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, a government official said on Sunday.
"The joint team of mining, revenue and electricity department officials recently raided `Janaki Gramodyog`, the stone crusher unit being run by Kailash Nayak, son of MLA Shakrajeet Nayak, in Jhanakpur village of Baramkela region in the district, after receiving complains of illegal mining there," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Sarangarh Ranu Sahu tol.
Shakrajeet Nayak, the Congress MLA from Raigarh constituency, was the irrigation minister during former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi`s tenure.
"The unit was functioning even after the expiry of its mining lease. Besides illegal mining, use of domestic LPG cylinders and other irregularities were also found at the plant, following which it was sealed," Sahu said in a release.
Shakrajeet Nayak was unavailable for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India