Sub-divisional magistrate, guard attacked by illegal miners in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) and his security guard were allegedly attacked when the officer went to check illegal mining in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh on Friday, the police said.
A local mining contractor Ramvilas Sinha (50) and his son Pankaj (20) were nabbed for allegedly assaulting Nagari-Sihava SDM Sandeep Agrawal and his guard in Deopur village, Dhamtari Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Pipre told.
The officer had gone to inspect and stop unauthorised mining in the Deopur region, located around 70 km away from Dhamtari town.
On the SDM`s direction, when the SDM`s security guard asked Sinha to stop their illegal mining activities in the region, they picked a fight with the guard and also manhandled SDM Agrawal after he tried to stop them, the ASP said.
Soon after getting news of the incident, police personnel were rushed to the spot and the accused were held, he said.
They were booked under Section 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), Section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), Section 294 (obscene act), Section 506 (criminal intimidation) and other relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them