Suspected woman Maoist arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A 36-year-old suspected woman
Maoist, wanted by Chhattisgarh Police, was on Tuesday arrested from
a south Delhi locality where she was allegedly hiding, police
Soni Sori, a primary school teacher and an aunt of
Lingaram Kodopi who was recently arrested for allegedly acting
as a conduit between Maoists and Essar, was apprehended from
Katwaria Sarai by a team of Delhi Police.
"We raided the premises on a tip off provided by
Chhattisgarh Police and arrested Sori," a senior police
Sori hails from the naxal-affected Dantewada district in
Five cases were registered against Sori in Chhattisgarh
and she has been charged under several sections of the Indian
She was produced before a Duty Magistrate who send her to
judicial custody for a day.
Chhattisgarh Police had yesterday raided the house of
rights activist Kavita Srivastava in Jaipur to apprehend Sori
but could find her there, sources said.
In July last year, Chhattisgarh Police had issued
warrants against Sori, her husband and Kodopi for an attack on
a Congress worker Avdesh Gautam and his son.
Sori had earlier contested police version of Kodopi`s
arrest claiming that he was picked up by plainclothes
policemen in a white Bolero car from his grandfather`s house
in Palnar village and not while carrying money for Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued