Teen gang-raped in Chhattisgarh; 2 minors among four held
Raipur: A 15-year-old girl has been allegedly gang-raped by four youths, including two minors, in Deendayal Upadhyay Nagar area here, police said on Sunday.
All the four accused were today arrested for abducting and gang-raping the girl on July 17, while she was returning home from school.
"The youths were nabbed based on the complaint of the victim," DD Nagar Police Station, Station House Officer (SHO) Anup Nag told a news agency.
"Those arrested have been identified as Rakesh Kumar (18), Vijay Kumar Verma (20) and their two minor associates, all residents of Deendayal Upadhyay Nagar," Nag added.
The girl was returning from her school located in Rohnipuram area when she was stopped by the accused.
They took her to an isolated place and allegedly gang-raped her there, the SHO said.
Later her parents approached the police and registered an FIR against the four youths. Since then, a hunt was on to nab them, he said adding that they were finally arrested today.
The medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape, he said adding that further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir