Ten Naxalites arrested in Bastar district
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police on Monday arrested ten Naxalites carrying awards on their heads from Bastar district.
The Naxalites, each carrying a Rs 4,000 award, have been arrested from the forest near Sangvel and Koleng villages, Sundaraj P, Bastar District Superintendent of Police said. They were arrested after police cordoned off the forest acting on a tip off that the Naxalites were supposed to hold a meeting there, Sundaraj said.
The arrested Naxalites are suspected to be involved in the killing of Mutanpal sarpanch. Besides, he said, they are also involved in several other cases of murder and loot. Accordingly, a local court had issued arrest warrant against them, he said.
After arrest, the Naxalites are being interrogated, Sundaraj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'