Ten Naxalites arrested in Bastar district
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police on Monday arrested ten Naxalites carrying awards on their heads from Bastar district.
The Naxalites, each carrying a Rs 4,000 award, have been arrested from the forest near Sangvel and Koleng villages, Sundaraj P, Bastar District Superintendent of Police said. They were arrested after police cordoned off the forest acting on a tip off that the Naxalites were supposed to hold a meeting there, Sundaraj said.
The arrested Naxalites are suspected to be involved in the killing of Mutanpal sarpanch. Besides, he said, they are also involved in several other cases of murder and loot. Accordingly, a local court had issued arrest warrant against them, he said.
After arrest, the Naxalites are being interrogated, Sundaraj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir