Ten Naxalites arrested in Bastar district
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police on Monday arrested ten Naxalites carrying awards on their heads from Bastar district.
The Naxalites, each carrying a Rs 4,000 award, have been arrested from the forest near Sangvel and Koleng villages, Sundaraj P, Bastar District Superintendent of Police said. They were arrested after police cordoned off the forest acting on a tip off that the Naxalites were supposed to hold a meeting there, Sundaraj said.
The arrested Naxalites are suspected to be involved in the killing of Mutanpal sarpanch. Besides, he said, they are also involved in several other cases of murder and loot. Accordingly, a local court had issued arrest warrant against them, he said.
After arrest, the Naxalites are being interrogated, Sundaraj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number
- World Hepatitis Day: 52 million Indians suffer from chronic hepatitis