Ten Naxalites arrested in Bastar district
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police on Monday arrested ten Naxalites carrying awards on their heads from Bastar district.
The Naxalites, each carrying a Rs 4,000 award, have been arrested from the forest near Sangvel and Koleng villages, Sundaraj P, Bastar District Superintendent of Police said. They were arrested after police cordoned off the forest acting on a tip off that the Naxalites were supposed to hold a meeting there, Sundaraj said.
The arrested Naxalites are suspected to be involved in the killing of Mutanpal sarpanch. Besides, he said, they are also involved in several other cases of murder and loot. Accordingly, a local court had issued arrest warrant against them, he said.
After arrest, the Naxalites are being interrogated, Sundaraj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users