Ten Naxalites arrested in Bastar district
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police on Monday arrested ten Naxalites carrying awards on their heads from Bastar district.
The Naxalites, each carrying a Rs 4,000 award, have been arrested from the forest near Sangvel and Koleng villages, Sundaraj P, Bastar District Superintendent of Police said. They were arrested after police cordoned off the forest acting on a tip off that the Naxalites were supposed to hold a meeting there, Sundaraj said.
The arrested Naxalites are suspected to be involved in the killing of Mutanpal sarpanch. Besides, he said, they are also involved in several other cases of murder and loot. Accordingly, a local court had issued arrest warrant against them, he said.
After arrest, the Naxalites are being interrogated, Sundaraj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region