Ten-year-old boy abducted, murdered by relative in Chattisgarh
Korba: A 10-year-old boy, kidnapped three days ago, was found murdered in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
A relative of the victim was arrested in this connection, they added.
Ayush Kanwar, a class fourth student, was kidnapped on Friday. His body was recovered near Rumgara airstrip yesterday, a senior official said.
"Alaap Singh Kanwar, a relative of the victim, has been arrested in this connection," the official said.
According to the police, the accused took Ayush, son of Laxman Kanwar, with him on Friday afternoon when the boy was playing outside his house in Charpara Kohadiya area.
Later he took Ayush to a forest near the Rumgara airstrip and strangulated him.
"Police picked up Alaap on suspicion, who admitted to the crime," the official added.
Alaap, a native of Dodhatarai under Urga police station limits, had been caught while stealing at Ayush`s house a few months ago, and Laxman Kanwar had asked him not to come to the area again. Alaap was seeking to avenge the humiliation, according to the police.
Further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video