Three arrested with tiger skins in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three men were arrested with tiger skins while they were trying to sell these in Chhattisgarh, police said here on Friday.
According to police, the three men were arrested under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972, on Thursday evening by forest department officials in Kanker district`s Bhanupratapur area, some 240 km south from state capital Raipur.
According to the forest department, two tiger skins were seized from them and were valued at over Rs 500,000 in international market.
"The three were arrested based on specific intelligence inputs. They could be members of an inter-state poaching gang. The police are investigating," Arun Kumar Pandey, forest conservator in Kanker, told a news agency over phone.
He said that since January this year, 17 people have been arrested in Kanker district for anti-poaching activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why