Three arrested with tiger skins in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three men were arrested with tiger skins while they were trying to sell these in Chhattisgarh, police said here on Friday.
According to police, the three men were arrested under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972, on Thursday evening by forest department officials in Kanker district`s Bhanupratapur area, some 240 km south from state capital Raipur.
According to the forest department, two tiger skins were seized from them and were valued at over Rs 500,000 in international market.
"The three were arrested based on specific intelligence inputs. They could be members of an inter-state poaching gang. The police are investigating," Arun Kumar Pandey, forest conservator in Kanker, told a news agency over phone.
He said that since January this year, 17 people have been arrested in Kanker district for anti-poaching activities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case