Three Cobra jawans injured in encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Cobra jawans were on Tuesday injured in a gun-battle between paramilitary forces and Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Dantewada district.
The encounter took place in restive forests of Kodanar under Aranpur Police Station limits when security forces were returning after an anti-Naxal operation in the region early this morning, Dantewada Superintendent of Police, Kamlochan Kashyap told PTI.
A squad of Cobra`s (Compact Battalion for Resolute Action), a specialised unit of CRPF, 201 battalion was mobilised from Jagargunda (Sukma) for anti-Naxal operations since yesterday.
On their way back to their camp this morning, when security forces reached Kodanar forests, a group of armed Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them leaving three jawans injured.
However rebels fled to the core forest, when jawans retaliated, the SP said.
Soon after being informed, reinforcement was rushed to the spot, he said, adding the injured personnel are being retrieved from the forests.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming