Three Cobra jawans injured in encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Cobra jawans were on Tuesday injured in a gun-battle between paramilitary forces and Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Dantewada district.
The encounter took place in restive forests of Kodanar under Aranpur Police Station limits when security forces were returning after an anti-Naxal operation in the region early this morning, Dantewada Superintendent of Police, Kamlochan Kashyap told PTI.
A squad of Cobra`s (Compact Battalion for Resolute Action), a specialised unit of CRPF, 201 battalion was mobilised from Jagargunda (Sukma) for anti-Naxal operations since yesterday.
On their way back to their camp this morning, when security forces reached Kodanar forests, a group of armed Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them leaving three jawans injured.
However rebels fled to the core forest, when jawans retaliated, the SP said.
Soon after being informed, reinforcement was rushed to the spot, he said, adding the injured personnel are being retrieved from the forests.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why