Three-day mourning declared in Chattisgarh on Shukla`s demise
Raipur: Chattisgarh Government on Tuesday declared three-day state mourning as a mark of respect for former Union minister and Congress veteran VC Shukla who died after battling injuries in a Naxal attack.
Expressing condolence over Shukla`s demise Chief Minister Raman Singh declared the three-day mourning in the state.
Flags will fly at half-mast on all government buildings and no official function will be held during this period.
Shukla (84) died in a Gurgaon hospital this afternoon after battling injuries sustained in the deadly Naxal attack on a convoy of party leaders in Bastar on May 25.
Shukla was airlifted from Raipur and admitted to the hospital on May 26, a day after the attack which eliminated almost the entire top leadership of Chhattisgarh unit of Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred