Three get death sentence for murder in Raipur
Raipur: A local court in Chhattisgarh on Wednesday convicted and awarded death sentence to three men for murdering a couple and their servant by triggering a bomb blast in 2010 owing to political rivalry with one of the victims.
"Additional district judge Abdul Zahid Kureshi awarded death penalty to Govind Chandra, Omprakash Chandra and Ganesh Chandra for killing three persons by triggering a bomb blast in Jogidipa village under Bhilaigarh area in Balodabazar district", Public Prosecutor Sanjay Tiwari told a news agency.
Mithila, her husband Tikaram and their servant Faguram were killed on April 4, 2010 after Govind, with the help of Omprakash and Ganesh, planted a suitcase containing explosives at her house.
The rivalry between Mithila and Govind emerged during the panchayat polls, and the latter was looking for an opportunity to take revenge, he said.
The trio were booked under various sections of IPC, including murder and criminal conspiracy, according to prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh