Three get death sentence for murder in Raipur
Raipur: A local court in Chhattisgarh on Wednesday convicted and awarded death sentence to three men for murdering a couple and their servant by triggering a bomb blast in 2010 owing to political rivalry with one of the victims.
"Additional district judge Abdul Zahid Kureshi awarded death penalty to Govind Chandra, Omprakash Chandra and Ganesh Chandra for killing three persons by triggering a bomb blast in Jogidipa village under Bhilaigarh area in Balodabazar district", Public Prosecutor Sanjay Tiwari told a news agency.
Mithila, her husband Tikaram and their servant Faguram were killed on April 4, 2010 after Govind, with the help of Omprakash and Ganesh, planted a suitcase containing explosives at her house.
The rivalry between Mithila and Govind emerged during the panchayat polls, and the latter was looking for an opportunity to take revenge, he said.
The trio were booked under various sections of IPC, including murder and criminal conspiracy, according to prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam