Three get death sentence for murder in Raipur
Raipur: A local court in Chhattisgarh on Wednesday convicted and awarded death sentence to three men for murdering a couple and their servant by triggering a bomb blast in 2010 owing to political rivalry with one of the victims.
"Additional district judge Abdul Zahid Kureshi awarded death penalty to Govind Chandra, Omprakash Chandra and Ganesh Chandra for killing three persons by triggering a bomb blast in Jogidipa village under Bhilaigarh area in Balodabazar district", Public Prosecutor Sanjay Tiwari told a news agency.
Mithila, her husband Tikaram and their servant Faguram were killed on April 4, 2010 after Govind, with the help of Omprakash and Ganesh, planted a suitcase containing explosives at her house.
The rivalry between Mithila and Govind emerged during the panchayat polls, and the latter was looking for an opportunity to take revenge, he said.
The trio were booked under various sections of IPC, including murder and criminal conspiracy, according to prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack