Three held with leopard skins
Raipur: Three people were arrested in Chhattisgarh Wednesday with leopard skins worth Rs.10 lakhs in the international market, police said.
The arrests were made from Mahasamund district, some 75 km from state capital Raipur.
"The Crime Branch arrested three people while they were waiting for a few others to hand over a bag filled with leopard skins," a source at the police headquarters told reporters.
They are believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...