Three held with leopard skins
Raipur: Three people were arrested in Chhattisgarh Wednesday with leopard skins worth Rs.10 lakhs in the international market, police said.
The arrests were made from Mahasamund district, some 75 km from state capital Raipur.
"The Crime Branch arrested three people while they were waiting for a few others to hand over a bag filled with leopard skins," a source at the police headquarters told reporters.
They are believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj