Three held with leopard skins
Raipur: Three people were arrested in Chhattisgarh Wednesday with leopard skins worth Rs.10 lakhs in the international market, police said.
The arrests were made from Mahasamund district, some 75 km from state capital Raipur.
"The Crime Branch arrested three people while they were waiting for a few others to hand over a bag filled with leopard skins," a source at the police headquarters told reporters.
They are believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi