Three killed in rickshaw-truck collision in Bilaspur district
Bilaspur: Three persons were killed and two others were injured when the auto rickshaw they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district today, police said.
The incident took place near the Lagra Traffic Park on Seepat-Bilaspur road on the outskirts of Bilaspur town, Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Pandey said.
The rickshaw, with seven passengers, was heading for Bilaspur from Seepat.
Pushkar Prasad Mishra (62) died on the spot while two others -- their names not yet known -- succumbed at the district hospital.
The injured- Atmaram Yadav (60) and Rajendra Prasad Gupta (72) -- were admitted to Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science Hospital and their condition was stated to be critical, he said. The driver and two other passengers were unhurt.
The truck driver was absconding.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference