Three killed in rickshaw-truck collision in Bilaspur district
Bilaspur: Three persons were killed and two others were injured when the auto rickshaw they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district today, police said.
The incident took place near the Lagra Traffic Park on Seepat-Bilaspur road on the outskirts of Bilaspur town, Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Pandey said.
The rickshaw, with seven passengers, was heading for Bilaspur from Seepat.
Pushkar Prasad Mishra (62) died on the spot while two others -- their names not yet known -- succumbed at the district hospital.
The injured- Atmaram Yadav (60) and Rajendra Prasad Gupta (72) -- were admitted to Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science Hospital and their condition was stated to be critical, he said. The driver and two other passengers were unhurt.
The truck driver was absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog