Three Maoist guerrillas held in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district
Raipur: Three guerrillas were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-hit Kanker district on Monday, the police said.
While two Maoist cadres namely Chaituram Budhram (48) and Maniram Sukhdev (53) were apprehended from Siksod police station limits, another Maoist Sohan Shyamlal Netam (30) from Bhanuprtappur region was nabbed by the district force, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
Acting on a tip-off about Maoist presence in these regions, police teams undertaking combing exercises, swung into action and nabbed them, the SP said.
Allegedly, they were involved in various offences, including arson, damaging public property, abduction, brawls and others, he said, adding that they are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation