Three Maoist guerrillas held in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district
Raipur: Three guerrillas were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-hit Kanker district on Monday, the police said.
While two Maoist cadres namely Chaituram Budhram (48) and Maniram Sukhdev (53) were apprehended from Siksod police station limits, another Maoist Sohan Shyamlal Netam (30) from Bhanuprtappur region was nabbed by the district force, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
Acting on a tip-off about Maoist presence in these regions, police teams undertaking combing exercises, swung into action and nabbed them, the SP said.
Allegedly, they were involved in various offences, including arson, damaging public property, abduction, brawls and others, he said, adding that they are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest