Three Maoist guerrillas held in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district
Raipur: Three guerrillas were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-hit Kanker district on Monday, the police said.
While two Maoist cadres namely Chaituram Budhram (48) and Maniram Sukhdev (53) were apprehended from Siksod police station limits, another Maoist Sohan Shyamlal Netam (30) from Bhanuprtappur region was nabbed by the district force, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash told PTI.
Acting on a tip-off about Maoist presence in these regions, police teams undertaking combing exercises, swung into action and nabbed them, the SP said.
Allegedly, they were involved in various offences, including arson, damaging public property, abduction, brawls and others, he said, adding that they are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?