Three naxal commanders held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three naxals commanders, one of them carrying a reward on his head, were today arrested from separate places in insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres- Badru alias Kariya Hemla (28) and Vatti Rama (30)- were apprehended from a weekly market of Bhairmagarh this morning, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.
Acting on a tip-off about the movement of senior rebel leaders in Bhairamgarh area, a team of local police was mobilised in the region which rounded up the duo from the spot, he said.
Mirtur LOS (local operation squad) deputy commander Badru was involved in several deadly naxal incidents, including killing of a police jawan in Mirtur weekly market and murder of a constable after abducting him in Bhairamgarh area last year besides firing on Madanwada police camp this year, the DSP said.
"He was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head," he added. While, Vatti Rama, a Dodum militia platoon commander was involved in several offences, including loot, arson and murder in the region, he said.
In a separate incident, Talikod militia platoon commander Balram Tamo (28) was held when he had arrived at Nelnar weekly market for purchasing essential commodities ahead of the monsoon for the rebel groups, he said. He was produced before a local of Bastar which sent him to jail on judicial remand, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog