Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three ultras carrying cash reward on their head were arrested in the Naxal-infested Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"The ultras were nabbed from Pedakavli village under Modakpal police station area of the district by a joint team of district police and CRPF yesterday," Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal told a news agency.
"Those arrested were identified as Pulse Ravishankar (24), Kursam Munna (40) and Telam Kamlu (29). A muzzle loading gun has also been recovered from Kursam," Agrawal said.
They were carrying a reward of Rs 8,000 each on their heads, he said.
The security forces were on a combing operation in Kandulnar, Gudadipal and Pedakavli villages of the region when they rounded up the ultras, he said.
During interrogation, the three admitted to their involvement in Naxal activities, he said.
They all were involved in serious crimes like abduction, murder and attempt to murder in Modakpal and Awapalli police station areas, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case
- I feel proud of Priyanka, Deepika: Anushka Sharma
- Euro 2016: Spain set for duel against Italy; England eye quarters vs Iceland