Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three ultras carrying cash reward on their head were arrested in the Naxal-infested Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"The ultras were nabbed from Pedakavli village under Modakpal police station area of the district by a joint team of district police and CRPF yesterday," Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal told a news agency.
"Those arrested were identified as Pulse Ravishankar (24), Kursam Munna (40) and Telam Kamlu (29). A muzzle loading gun has also been recovered from Kursam," Agrawal said.
They were carrying a reward of Rs 8,000 each on their heads, he said.
The security forces were on a combing operation in Kandulnar, Gudadipal and Pedakavli villages of the region when they rounded up the ultras, he said.
During interrogation, the three admitted to their involvement in Naxal activities, he said.
They all were involved in serious crimes like abduction, murder and attempt to murder in Modakpal and Awapalli police station areas, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal