Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three ultras carrying cash reward on their head were arrested in the Naxal-infested Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"The ultras were nabbed from Pedakavli village under Modakpal police station area of the district by a joint team of district police and CRPF yesterday," Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal told a news agency.
"Those arrested were identified as Pulse Ravishankar (24), Kursam Munna (40) and Telam Kamlu (29). A muzzle loading gun has also been recovered from Kursam," Agrawal said.
They were carrying a reward of Rs 8,000 each on their heads, he said.
The security forces were on a combing operation in Kandulnar, Gudadipal and Pedakavli villages of the region when they rounded up the ultras, he said.
During interrogation, the three admitted to their involvement in Naxal activities, he said.
They all were involved in serious crimes like abduction, murder and attempt to murder in Modakpal and Awapalli police station areas, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days