Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, including two women, were arrested in separate search operations in the Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"Raimati Madiyam (21), a member of Bhairmagarh area committee of Maoists, was nabbed by joint contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) from forest of Bodli village under Nelasnar police station area yesterday," Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal told a news agency.
She was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on her head.
Punem Lakshmi (25) of Basaguda Area Committee of Maoists was arrested during an operation by district force, CAF and CRPF from Chipurbhatti village under Awapalli police station limits yesterday.
In the third incident, a team of district force and CRPF arrested naxal Satish (45) from forest of Pamgal village under Modakpal police station area, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble