Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, including two women, were arrested in separate search operations in the Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
"Raimati Madiyam (21), a member of Bhairmagarh area committee of Maoists, was nabbed by joint contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) from forest of Bodli village under Nelasnar police station area yesterday," Bijapur Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal told a news agency.
She was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on her head.
Punem Lakshmi (25) of Basaguda Area Committee of Maoists was arrested during an operation by district force, CAF and CRPF from Chipurbhatti village under Awapalli police station limits yesterday.
In the third incident, a team of district force and CRPF arrested naxal Satish (45) from forest of Pamgal village under Modakpal police station area, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border