Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, including a woman, were arrested from separate places in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
"Following a tip-off, two ultras were nabbed from a local market of Tadoki police station area on late last evening," a senior official said.
The arrested were identified as Rajlal Dugga (36) and Dayaram Markam (30).
The duo were rounded up on suspicion and later they admitted of being involved in the movement, he said adding, "they were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and attacks on police party in north Bastar."
In a separate operation, Itwarin (26), a member of Partapur area committee of Communist Party of India (Maoist) was apprehended from a hospital under Bande police station limits of the district.
"After getting information that a woman cadre has reached a hospital in Bande for treatment, the police party was mobilised, which later nabbed her," the official said.
The arrested are being interrogated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II