Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, including a woman, were arrested from separate places in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
"Following a tip-off, two ultras were nabbed from a local market of Tadoki police station area on late last evening," a senior official said.
The arrested were identified as Rajlal Dugga (36) and Dayaram Markam (30).
The duo were rounded up on suspicion and later they admitted of being involved in the movement, he said adding, "they were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and attacks on police party in north Bastar."
In a separate operation, Itwarin (26), a member of Partapur area committee of Communist Party of India (Maoist) was apprehended from a hospital under Bande police station limits of the district.
"After getting information that a woman cadre has reached a hospital in Bande for treatment, the police party was mobilised, which later nabbed her," the official said.
The arrested are being interrogated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption