Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals, including a woman, were arrested from separate places in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
"Following a tip-off, two ultras were nabbed from a local market of Tadoki police station area on late last evening," a senior official said.
The arrested were identified as Rajlal Dugga (36) and Dayaram Markam (30).
The duo were rounded up on suspicion and later they admitted of being involved in the movement, he said adding, "they were involved in several incidents of loot, arson and attacks on police party in north Bastar."
In a separate operation, Itwarin (26), a member of Partapur area committee of Communist Party of India (Maoist) was apprehended from a hospital under Bande police station limits of the district.
"After getting information that a woman cadre has reached a hospital in Bande for treatment, the police party was mobilised, which later nabbed her," the official said.
The arrested are being interrogated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why